Thursday, November 10, 2005

Nov 9th - £20 NL Hold'Em - Cavendish Club (Belfast)

A small field of 34 for tonights £20 NL Hold'Em event (must be the weather) but we still managed to generate a prize pool of £2k between us so it just goes to show that its all quite mad here of a Wed night for buy-ins.

My bankroll of £120 was gobbled up within the first hour. First hand I get 2-2 and, as is custom here, it was all-in in an attempt to double up early. Unfortunately I get TWO callers...one has K-K the other A-A!!! Needless to say the word 'rebuy' was used!

My chips were disappearing quicker than you could say 'rebuy again' and just before the hour mark I was looking at 2k in chips and no money left in my pocket! Then things started getting better...!!

I get K-K which doubles through. I get A-A which picks me up the antes and a bit more. I make a flush. At the break I'm at 7k. Then the fun begins!!!

Three hands after the break I get A-A again. With antes at 300-600 I raise to 3k and get two callers. Flop is 2-4-6. I go all-in and they both pass. I'm now at 13k.

A few hands later I'm UTG and get A-A AGAIN! Its called in three spots before it gets back to me and I raise another 4k. The player, to my immediate left who flat called the antes, suddenly goes purple and reraises me all-in for 10600 in total. A couple of grunts from the other two original callers, who both pass, and I of course call! He flips As-2s (to gasps from the audience) and gets nowhere near it as I scoop another pot! The river card is a FIVE which one of the original callers groans at as he passed a pair of 5's in the hole...lucky me then!

So with over 20k in chips I now relax and cruise to the final table getting A-A FOUR times more along the way (7 for the night).

So...10 of us at the final table and only five prizes. I knock out a couple of players along the way and before you know it we're down to four with me having 100k in chips in front of me.

I get 9d-9h UTG and raise to 25k. Next player goes all-in and I call him for another 45k. He flips Ac-Kh and we're off to the races. Flop is 7d-3h-2h. Turn is Jh. River is the 8h. He makes a four card heart flush on board and wins with the King of hearts...GRRRRRRR!

NEXT hand I'm all-in with J-J against the small stack (25K) who flips Kc-8d. Flop is J-7-6. Turn is Kd (GRRRRRRRRRRR!!) and I'm left with one 5k chip which dutifully goes in next hand for nothing as all other players call and one of them beats my pair of eights!

So there you have it...I was one card away from total domination of the final table but have to make do with the connsolation prize of 4th and £150 giving me a £30 profit on the night.

As I said earlier...GRRRRRRRRR!

34 Entries - 4th - Win $52.50 (£30) - Acc. Total +$4260.50

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home