Monday, November 28, 2005

Nov 25th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Ok...I could write about how incredibly lucky I was on I could write about how incredibly 'unlucky' I was. Either way in the bigger scheme of things the lucky bits were surpassed by the one 'unlucky' bit and I finished in 33rd place (from 76)!

I couldn't find a hand early on although I did manage to last until 2 hands before the break before my first lot of chips disappeared. With only 3k in hand though and antes at 200/400 there was only one way I was going to play and that was fast.

Lucky hand number 1 - Holding the 8c-6c I'd flat called the antes and 3 of us saw a flop of 5-7-J rainbow. I was 2nd to act and called the 1st players bet of 800. The other player dropped and we were heads up. Another 7 came off on the turn and the first player picked up his chips and went 'all-in'. I had approx 1200 chips left so couldn't pass. I called and my opponent flipped K-K. "I need a 4 or a 9", I exclaimed! Plop! A 9 fell on the river and I was upto circa 7K.

Lucky hand number 2 - Holding the Ad-Kd in MP and with ante's at 300/600 there'd been a small raise (to 1800) by the player immediately to my right. I wasn't going to mess about so went 'all-in' for my stack of around 6.5k. The player, on the button, then decided he'd go all-in for 10k and the original raiser passed. Button man had Q-Q. Flop = 10-2-3. Turn = 6. River = ACE!! I was now upto 15k!!

At this point I felt good but as usual disaster lay await!

I got moved table and made a couple of dubious calls from bad position with so-so cards and got what I deserved in a good spanking. Down to 9k and on the button I looked down to see A-2. It was all passed around and I instinctively went all-in in the hope of just grabbing the blinds. The SB woke up with A-J and called. The flop brought my 2 but also a Jack and my time was at an end!

Lesson to be learned methinks!

76 Entries - 33rd - Loss $115 (€100) - Acc. Total +$5208

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home