Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Living the High Life!

I've always wondered what my life would be like if I could just get lucky enough ONCE to win an amount of money that would enable me to quit my job and play poker on the circuit for a while.

It seems to me that any Tom, Dick or Harry can get lucky once and then suddenly become attractive to all the on-line card rooms that want their products splashed across chests from here to Timbucktoo in the hope that beginners, seeing these logos, will somehow then decide that they'd like to join THAT particular card room and be a hero like the people they see on TV.

I'm very distrustful of on-line poker full stop. Ultimately I believe that when the software decides its time to go then its time to go and there ain't no way you can get out of it...anyway I digress!

I've decided that 2006 will be THE YEAR that I either make the ranks of the so called 'pro players' or I call it quits and forever then just play in the $20 tournaments that Pokerstars, or my local club for that matter, feed me and that will be that.

Expect to see me in the BIGGER BUY-IN tournaments in 2006. The $200 NL tourney on a Sunday (every week), the $500 NL every month and I'm going to attempt to get out more and play in the bigger LIVE tournaments in 2006 starting with the €1000 buy-in at the Westcliff hotel in Dublin on Jan 6th.

It seems to me that I just need to get lucky ONCE then we can go from there!

I've been playing poker for around 15 years now and have served my apprenticeship. 2006...YOUR'E MINE!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home