Monday, January 02, 2006

Jan 1st - €40+€5 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

New Year - New Targets!

My first event of 2006 and at least it was a final table so I can't complain too much but I DO feel hard done by as my two big pair late in the tournament got done over on both occasions by the inevitable highr cards.

Anyway...tonight was a rebuy event so after a couple of rebuys and no flops I was getting a bit frustrated. Holding Jh-10h I called a bet of 300 which then became 600 which then became an all-in. By the time the action had got back to me there were 3 players all-in, all for more than my 1700 chips, so with pot odds on my side I also called, as did another player. On their backs! I was up against K-K, 6-6, Q-J and K-J. The flop came 7-9-4-8-A and I'd flopped an unlikely straight and suddenly had over 8k in chips!

An additional 4k for my top up meant that I had over 12k as we entered the 'proper' play part of the night.

Almost no real drama between then and the final table where I landed with 26k although just prior to this I'd gone all-in with J-J and got called, for 9k, by player holding A-K. An Ace fell on the flop and I was down to 20k.

Chip leaders were 70k, 65k & 60k but with antes at 1500/3000 there was still plenty of play left...or so I thought. Two hands in, and on the button, I get 7-7 and raise to 10k once alll other players, bar the blinds, had passed. The SB called with some ascertion and once the flop came 8-8-A and she bet out at it I had to let go.

A few hands later I get 10-10. There's a raise to 10k and I push all-in for 12.5k. He, of course, calls. 'I'm behind', he says as he flips K-Q.

The flop looks good with 8-8-7 followed by a Jack followed by a KING...URGH!

I get €200 for 7th place and a profit of...wait for it...€35 on my night out. Mind you its cheaper than drinking!

Happy New Year!!

Entries -> 53 - Place -> 7th - Win -> €35 ($42) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$42

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home