Monday, January 09, 2006

Jan 6th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Its fairly easy to lose your concentration for a couple of hands. Especially when some do-nut calls your all-in bet with nothing but a wing and a prayer and maybe some sort of death wish but comes up smelling of roses!

Ok...it wasn't all bad news. Early on I raised in MP with A-J and got one caller in Frank. Now Frank is the sort of player that won't back away from dumping his chips into the pot if he thinks you'll pass so I knew once HE called my original raise it would be a fight to the end! I had position on him though as the flop came 8-10-3 rainbow. He immediately went all-in and I had to call. He flipped A-8 (I couldn't believe it) and I payed for a miracle Jack. None came...but what did come was an Ace followed by another 10 giving me A-A-10-10-J beating Frank to the punchline. Justice I thought!

With 16k in chips and in no rush I get 7c-5c on the BB and there's no raise as 3 other players come in for the 400 blinds. The flop comes 3c-4c-5d, a pretty much dreamy flop for me. I bet 800 expecting to pick up the pot there and then but the player to my immediate left had other ideas. 'I raise to 3000', he said! All others passed and it was back to me. Hmmm...straight draw...flush draw...top pair!! "I'm all-in", I splurted and before I could get my 15k into the pot my opponent had his in the middle as well and flipped 2h-4d. What??

The Qh fell on the turn followed by the most unlikely 2d on the river! He'd hit two pair and I almost fell off my chair! The table then broke!

First hand on my new table I get K-10 in LP and call a raise to 800. The flop is K-10-6 and I check behind the original raiser. A Queen falls on the turn and, after another check from the original bettor I go all-in to take the pot there and then. My opponent calls...oops..and gimices as he flips K-J thinking he had me all the way. A poxy 9 falls on the river giving him the straight!

Grrr...I hate poker!!

Entries -> 53 - Place -> 27th - Loss -> €100 ($120) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> -$420

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home