Monday, January 30, 2006

Jan 27th - €50+€10 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

Another Friday night and another full house so if you do well in this you're picking up €3000 for first place these days.

I never got going. To be honest I was too tired after last nights exploits and in the cold light of day I think it was wrong of me to give up all the equity I did in the deal we made. I suppose peer pressure and the fact that I'd been concentrating so hard for almost 8 hours straight made me forget why I was there and that was to win! Ho Hum!

Meanwhile back at tonight and my rebuy came about with one of those hands you don't see too often. Holding Kd-4d on the BB it was flat called all around and it was almost a family pot as the flop came down 4h-4s-10h. Oh whoopee I thought as I immediately bet out 400 on the hope that someone might have a 10 in front of me and would be bound to call. Well TWO people did! Great...I thought...winner winner. The Js fell on the turn and suddenly there were fireworks.

I bet 800. The next player in raised to 2000, the next player went all-in for 1800 and I went all-in for 2500. The player, next to act, called and it was on their backs time.

Player A flipped Ks-4s (same hand as me) and player B flipped 10s-10d for a made house! Doh!!!!

I managed to scramble my chips back up to 6k, with the help of a double up and, of course, the add-on but went all-in shortly after the break holding 9-9 only to be squished by a player holding Q-Q!

Some you win...some you lose!

Entries -> 90 - Place -> 70th - Loss -> €110 ($132) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$3464

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home