Monday, March 20, 2006

Mar 16th - 18th - Various

Another two tournaments played at the weekend and nothing to show for either.

On Friday night I played in the £10 rebuy event at the Grosvenor in Brighton. Amazingly enough I didn't have a single rebuy and got to the break with 7k in chips. After the 1k top-up I had 8k and was looking forward to the rest of the evening with relish.

This soon faded as within 3 hands of the re-start I was out.

Hand 1 - Passed.

Hand 2 - Held Kc-Qc and raised to 1k (blinds were 100/200 and I'm in EP). Three players later and I'm re-raised to 5k by a chinese girl who'd gotton very lucky early on in the evening and was sat with around 12k in chips. This raise kinda threw me a bit and rather than folding (good option) or going all-in (ok option) I decided to flat call (bad option). The flop came 8-6-4 and I passed once she'd put me all-in after I'd checked. Doh!

Hand 3 - Having just lost 5k of my chips I was on immediate tilt and get A-7 on the BB. Chinese lady raises to 5k again and I call her. She flips A-J and its goodnight from me!

Saturday I went upto the Gutshot club in London to play in the £100 FREEZEOUT there. My original intention was to also play in the £5 game which started at 2pm but the traffic situation from Brighton insisted I missed the start of that event so amused myself on the Internet and in a small cash game till 8pm.

With 4000 chips to start I kept my head down for the first level observing players. One guy in particular I marked down as loose (Mr Bluffer) as he proceeded to bet me out of an early pot with 6h-5h on a board of A-10-A-8. I held K-Q but couldn't call his bet on the turn.

Anyway...level 2 comes in and I get the Kd-8d in MP. Mr Bluffer raises to 250 (blinds were 50/100) and I, along with two other players flat call.

The flop looks a magical 6d-7d-8s. I have top pair and excellent flush draw. Mr Bluffer bets 700. Now Mr Bluffer aint got 9-10 and even if he did have he would not have bet it here. I put him on A-10, A-J or A-Q. Needless to say...with my hand I wasn't going anywhere.

With hands like the one I had I want to see both the turn AND river cards as I don't want betting out of it if the flush doesn't come on the turn. I call his 700 and go all-in for another 2200. The other players pass and he calls. So what does he have??

A-9 no diamonds! I couldn't believe it! Not only had the muppet got an out or two but I suddenly felt what was coming next.

Another 8 came on the turn reducing his outs to 6 when suddenly the 5c fell on the river and I was gone.

I can't complain...I had my money in with the best hand and best draw. Sometimes though its just not your day!

Entries ->??? - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £131 ($229) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$3006

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home