Monday, March 13, 2006

Mar 10th - 12th - Various

A busy 'card playing' weekend for which I finished the three nights of play with a defecit of £52 despite two £10 rebuy events which cost me £101 each!

Friday night I visited a club in Reigate, just off the M25. Apparently the card room gets jammed there on a Friday night but I got there early and with rebuy mayhem going on I managed to max my budget (£100) and enter the 'proper' playing phase with around 6k in chips. Hardly what I'd call fantastic!

I doubled through when my J-J beat 9-9 but after that I couldn't find a hand and gently decended to around 8k in chips before I decide to race them all off with 4-4 against A-K. Both an Ace AND a KING fell on the flop and it was goodnight from me!

The club in Reigate is called the FULLHOUSE and Friday night is jammers with only 77 seats available so get there early if you wanna play!

Saturday night was back at the LCI in Brighton and if I thought Friday night was bad (for rebuys) then Saturday was more of the same. Only 36 runners and I STILL managed to max my budget (£100) and get nowhere. My final hand here was Ac-7c. A flop of A-A-K meant an all-in from me and a call to my right. He had A-8 and we were looking at a split pot until a dodgy looking 8 came on the turn. Ho Hum!

Sunday was the £50 rebuy event. Again the start got dodgy and 3 rebuys later I was still nowhere near chip average. On the very last hand before the break I get 8-8 and decide to go all-in for 2.5k. I get two callers. One has 10-10 (oops) and one has Ac-7c. Flop is 9-7-8-8-K and I triple through. With a final top up and £255 spent I started phase II with 10k in chips...more than enough, or so I thought, to do some damage.

Hmmm...well that plan went awry when I missed a flush draw and lost am immediate 5k. Not to worry though as I got myself back into the game with a couple of well timed all-in's. Those and my A-A beating Ad-7d meant that with 10 of us left I had around 18k in chips.

Looking down I find J-J and was happy to call an all-iner who had decided that Q-2 was a great hand to put all his remaining 7k in with. FINAL!!

Two players went sharply and we were down to 7. My K-K beat out A-Q and we were down to 6. An all-in 8-8 was beat out by a K-4 (K-K on flop) and we were 5.

I then get A-J and was happy to re-raise a raiser for most of his chips. He grunted and called with J-10. One of his 3 outers appeared on the flop and I finished 5th for a prize of £405. With 2 * £101 spent for Fri & Sat nights + £255 tonight I end up only £52 down on the weekend for 3 nights out! It could have been worse :)

Entries ->??? - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £52 ($91) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$3502

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home