Thursday, March 16, 2006

Mar 14th - 15th - Various

Two midweek rebuy tournaments has seen me with a defecit of £153 and another final table appearence.

First up was Tuesday night where I played in the regular LCI £20 rebuy tournament. Turned out to be another 'bish-bash-bosh' night with me being outdrawn or not 'getting there' on most flops I got involved with.

Needless to say my buget disappeared quicker than you could say 'full house' and I was home in time for the 10pm news! Very sad!

Wed night was a little better. With LCI now running satellites to their main £1k event, to be held over the Easter Weekend, I plodded down to the Grosvenor Club on Brighton seafront for their £10 rebuy tournament. The big thing I've noticed about these kind of events is that no-one can play the game whatsoever and it was quite usual to have 3 or 4 'all-iners' for most hands thereby relying on a lottery mentality in order to accumulate chips. I got involved in numerous pots with excellend holdings such as K-Q, J-10, A-Q, 9-9, K-K etc etc but with so many opponents its was usual for me to be outdrawn at will. At the break I'd spent £100 and had 4k in chips!

After the break it was a different story as I suddenly found some form and rattled my chip count upto almost 30k. The final table beckoned and I was in a great position to do well but the cards had other ideas!

There were no short stacks at the FT so it was a case of sitting and waiting. Indeed the first player didn't go out until 40 mins of play had elapsed.

I get A-K in the SB and re-raise a flat caller from across the table all-in and he called with 9-9. Off to the races then except I never got out of the starting gate as two of the flop cards were 9's. Oh well!

Fifteen minutes, and one round later, I get Qc-Jc on the BB and elect to check with two other players in the pot. The flop brings the 8c-10c-Qd and I'm locked into the hand good and proper. I bet out 4k and get called in one spot by the guy who'd just munched my stack in half the previous time I was involved in a pot.

The turn card was the Kd but knowing I was going to call whatever happened I put the remaining 12k of my chips into the middle. My opponent called and flipped Jd-9d for a made straight. Of course I still had outs but the Kh fell on the river and I was busted.

For 8th place I got £50 for a nights spend of £51. Ho Hum.

Entries ->??? - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £153 ($268) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$3234

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home