Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Mar 21st - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

Tuesday night and a 69 runner field at the LCI.

I managed to maintain my original buy-in chips for the first 30 mins and then things started to go wrong.

Hand 1. Blinds are 25/50. I'm on the BB and the player to my immediate left (UTG) goes all-in for 175. EVERYONE, back round to me calls. I look down to see As-6s. Now in usual circumstances I'd flat call myself here and see the flop. What was interesting here though was that no-one had shown any strength by raising the all-in guy so I figured I might be able to isolate the all-in player by moving all-in for 2250 as it was still early in the game and players may not have wanted to gamble too much at this stage.

So all-in I go. I get two callers and we flip cards. One player has A-J whilst another has K-J and the all-in guy has A-4.

First two cards out of the deck are the 10s-4s followed by the Qd. Whatever happened there I'd be all-in at this point anyway. The 7c falls on the turn followed by the 10h. Side pot goes to A-J whilst Mr all-in gets the main pot with his jammy pair of 4's. Me...I get to rebuy!

Hand 2. I get A-J o/s in MP and call someones all-in for all my chips. Another player calls behind me. Original raiser has 10-10, player behind me has Q-Q. Its rebuy time again as I hit a Jack but Mr QQ has me covered.

Hand 3. I find A-A and go all-in. I get one caller who flips 9-9. A 9 appears on the flop and its rebuy no. 4 time.

Hand 4. I find A-J o/s again and flat call a raise to 300. Flop is 9-A-7. The original raiser bets 1000. I call. Turn card is a 5. Original raiser goes all-in. I call. He flips 5-5 (for a set) and I rebuy!!!

Hand 5. I get Kc-9c and go all-in (I'm fed up by now) I get called in two spots. Flop is J-7-7-4-2. Player A flips A-Q, player B flips A-4 and scoops the loot. I'm done!!

So £100 and 40 minutes after starting out I'm back in the lounge watching the Liverpool / Birmingham game. (7-0 to Liverpool)

Entries ->69 - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £102 ($179) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$2717

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home