Monday, April 10, 2006

Apr 7th - 9th - Various

Only £356 down for the weekends games spread over the three nights this weekend I played. Har Har!

Friday night was the £10 NL game at the LCI with a full house of 80 runners. I couldn't get going and losing almost all my stack with A-J v K-10 didn't help. I was out shortly after the break - £41 spent!

Saturday night was a right old story. The £20 NL game at the FULLHOUSE club in Reigate provided the entertainment. I was in for £180 and at the break I had exactly 4k in chips. I get A-A & double up followed by 6-6 and TREBLE up as I hit a 6 on the flop. Some smarty pants was slow playing A-A and another had K-J as the flop came K-10-6.

Before I knew what was happening I was then sat at the final table with 42k in chips (chip leader) and looking forward to a good payday. In the space of 2 hands though I was out!

Holding A-K in MP and with blinds at 1k-2k I raised to 7k. Passed around to the BB who looked across at me and then went all-in for 34k. Never one to back away from a challenge (a weakness I must confess to) I called and was somewhat pissed to see him hold A-A. Down to 8k and the blinds about to go to 2k-4k I get 9c-5c and decided to speculate. I go all-in. The BB, who has 1k more than me, calles with Q-6 and even though I hit a 9 on the flop I go out to runner-runner straight. I get £70 for 9th meaning I lose £110 on the night.

Sunday night was back down at the LCI for the £50 NL game. Thirty runners and I spend £205 (three rebuys) in getting nowhere. My out hand is 5-5 v Q-K. (He hits a straight!!)

All in all then a rather poor weekend. This week I play at the LCI as part of the festival there tonight (Mon) then I'm off back to Dublin for till next Tuesday. Hoping to play in the €300 FREEZEOUT event next Sunday as part of the Irish Open weekend. The €3000 MAIN EVENT is a little on the high-side for me!

Entries -> ??? - Place -> !!! - lose -> £356 ($623) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$6391

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home