Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend - Dublin

Not much in the way of success for my poker tournament play over the weekend in downtown Dublin but it was nice to mingle with some of the 'old skool' crowd who were mingling down at the venue for the Irish Open on Sunday afternoon.

Roy 'Tubby Boy' Brindley was still in the tournament with around 120k when I went over to him to ask where I could take bets on him NOT reaching the final table. He took it well and pointed me in the direction of the Paddypower booth who had him at 16/1 to win the title at the time.

Joe 'Reggie Cray lookalike' Beevers was circling the tables taking pictures with his digital for use on the Blondepoker site. He ribbed me a little about Blackburns defeat at the hands of Liverpool earlier that day but I got my revenge when West Ham got squashed 2-0 by some lowly team called Middlesborough on Easter Monday!

Simon Trumper was, once again, berating his luck at the tables citing the problems in winning these days. 'Too many potholes', he exclaimed and to be fair he does have a point. Given that the final 6 players at this years Irish Open were all total novices, in terms of time playing the game, it just goes to show that anyone can win. Unfortunately that never seems to include the so called 'pro's these days!

An unnamed source told me that Dave Colclough won over half a million dollars in prize money not THAT many years ago but STILL managed to end the year DOWN!! What sort of life is that??

Anyway my €440 play went south as I couldn't get going on Friday night down at the Fitz in the €50+€10 NL Hold'Em event and even though I DID get going in the €300+€30 NL FREEZEOUT on Sunday at Jurys (I doubled up 2 hands in) I couldn't hang onto the chips and got busted just before the two hour break when playing 4-5 against my K-Q. (He flopped a straight)

Mind you at least I don't worry about things as much as some players do!

Entries -> ??? - Place -> ??? - Loss -> €440 ($528) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$6559

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home