Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Apr 24th & 25th - LCI (Brighton)

I need a rest!!

After playing poker every night since last Thursday AND having to get up for work at 6.30am for a 50 mile drive to SW London every weekday morning I'm knackered.

Its all very well chasing points in leagues but after a while it becomes a grind so I'm taking a couple of nights off now to recover and prepare for another busy weekend ahead.

Monday night's £30 NL game resulted in 5 rebuys (£183 spent) and a quick exit which, to be fair, I was happy about cos I was tired.

Tuesday night was one of those games that make you remember that nothing is forever - chip stacks that is - after I was severely mugged at the table by some sad muppet who decided he'd had enough and wanted his bed!

At the break, and after only 3 £20 rebuys (£82 spent), I had 4.5k in chips. After doubling up a couple of times & more I arrive at a new table with 23k and immediately pick up J-J in EP. With blinds at 400-800 I raise to 3k more and when the table chip monster goes all-in I have a decision to make. A microsecond later and I call. He flips A-K and doesn't get there! He flings his cards across the table and storms out muttering muppet language about why he never hits with A-K! He has around 10k left.

Ten minutes later he's back and I'm sat in LP with As-Ks. Without looking at his cards he picks up his 10k in chips and goes all-in. Easy call for me and he mutters some shite before flipping 8-2!! The flop is 8-6-9-2-K and I give hime 10k back. Hmmmm.

NEXT hand I get Ac-Jc. I raise to 4k and once again muppet man grabs all his chips and goes all-in...obviously desperate to go home I figure! Again I call. He flips Kc-10c and with a flop of Q-K-7-K-10 I'm battered back down to around 15k after having to ship Mr Muppet 30k in chips cos he's on tilt! Hmmm.

Several hands later I get K-K. There are 2 all-ins before it gets to me. I call. One player has A-10 another A-K. Flop is 3-6-8-9-ACE!!! Fecking hell!

I have 5k left which goes in with K-J which doesn't get there. Pooey!!

Entries ->??? - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £265 ($464) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$8486

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home