Wednesday, May 17, 2006

May 16th - £20+£2 NL Hold'Em - LCI Club (Brighton)

My dry spell (10 days now) continues with last nights £20 NL game at the LCI being a massacre in the first 15 minutes as my K-K all-in got beat up by Mr Newbie and his A-7, my set of 10's on the flop being smashed up by a pair of 8's when he made a flush on the river and my other 10-10 got smacked about by another newbie and his Kh-5h.

So three rebuys down inside 10 hands and as my budget for tonight was 4 rebuys it was looking as though it'd be an early bath. Luckily I then steadied the ship. My 2c-3c on my unraised BB made a straight against Kc-Qc on a board of Q-4-5-6-8 and my A-K took down a nice pot with another straight.

My chips all disappeared again when my A-Q all-in bet was met with resistance from a guy holding 7-7 so with my last 1500 in chips I decided to play super tight.

I then got As-8s on the SB and with a flop of Ks-Qs-8s I doubled through against a player who held Js-9s (unlucky son) and at the break I had 4300 in chips. Not the worst by a long way!

After the break I knew it was probably going to go all-in soon enough so when I got A-K in LP I brace myself. With blinds at 200/400 there's a raise to 800. I push all-in and called by player holding 8-8. It looks good for me as the 2nd card of the flop is an Ace but with the third card being an EIGHT it was all-over!

This was my final night of regular poker at the LCI as tonight (Wed) is the final of the league. I finally finished in 18th place and will go into the final with approx 8k in chips. The leader will have around 21k but its a 1/2 hour clock and anything can happen.

I finally move back into my house in West London on Friday, after 3 months of pratting about with my ex-tenant who decided it was better to wait to be evicted rather than leave of his own free will, so its au-revoir to Brighton and hello to the Western Club, Luton and the Vic as of Friday night!

Entries -> 47 - Place -> 28th - Loss -> £102 ($189) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$10038

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home