Tuesday, May 30, 2006

May 26th - €50+€5 NL Hold'Em - Fitzwilliam (Dublin)

My visit to Dublin, to collect some personal belongings, co-incided with the Fitzwilliam Club poker festival. The SDPT tour event was to have been the centrepiece event but just like the event at the Gutshot the event failed to attract a decent number of entries (20) so it looks like this is one tour that'll be heading down the pan in fairly short order.

Anyway...I wasn't about to cough the €5k to play that! Instead my aim was the much more modest €50 rebuy event that took place on the Friday night. A modest enough entry of 50 runners but with it being a rebuy then the prizepool would eventually exceed €6k.

With 2000 points to start and an add-on of 4000 (obligatory) the tournament was to provide much in the way of entertainment but little in the way of prizemoney.

I spent €105, with no-rebuys, but in the end I chased a draw that didn't get there. Mind you it wasn't ANY old draw!

At the break I had around 8k in chips. This despite losing 4k of my chips in the hand before the break when my A-K failed to get there against 7-7. Never mind...with the 4k top-up I was back to 12k and ready for action. Trouble was it came quicker that I imagined...

Holding Qd-Jh I flat called the 200 ante in MP and along with two other players we saw of flop of Qh-6h-3h. Hmmm...top pair...nice flush draw. I immediately bet out 700 but this was then raised to 2000 by the player on my left. Not being one for mucking around I immediately went all-in causing my opponent to sit back into his chair to think about things.

After a couple of minutes, by which time he'd counted down his chips several times and realised he had me covered, he called flipping Qc-Ks.

Oh well...I still had several outs!

The turn was the Kd...the river the 5d...blah!

I was out and it was fun while it lasted...as it always is!

Entries -> 50 - Place -> ??? - Loss -> €105 ($131) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12212

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home