Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Sep 5th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western Club (Acton)

"Congratulations Sir", said the dealer as I sat down at my drawn seat for the £100 NL Hold'Em event at the Western Club.

"Huh?", I replied. "You've already won the event... ", he went on, "as the players who have drawn that very seat you're sitting in has gone onto either win the event or finish high up in the prize money for the past two weeks now!".

Well I needed all the help I could get so I smiled politely and the game began. Strange thing occured! I was getting good starting hands...I was hitting the flop...I wasn't getting beat up by outdraws. Hmmmm...must be something to this 'seat' lark thing after all?

At the end of the first break I had 12k in chips (from a start point of 5k) and I hadn't broken sweat. Session two was a bit more iffy and my chips dwindled to 9k and then came a stroke of luck.

On the button I get J-J. I flat call the 400 BB. The SB, immediately to my right, then raises to 2k. There's a caller from across the table and I decide its time for a punt. "All-In", I announce and shove my 8.5k into the pot. The SB hums and aars then finally calls. The caller from across the table passes claiming to have A-K. The SB flips Q-Q! Oh dear, I think, but not to worry as the first card out on the flop is a Jack and whilst my opponent hits the rail I count upto 20k in chips and I'm loving it!

My chip count continues to go northwards, albiet quite slowly, and I'm upto 25k with two tables left when I get 10c-10s on the button. The player to my immediate right flat calls the 1200 blinds and I raise it up to 5k. Its passed around and he calls.

The flop is Jd-3d-7d. He checks! I go all-in and he thinks for a while before calling flipping 6d-6c. The 5s comes off the deck next followed by the ruddy Kd. That pot cost me 14k of my chips! I was back down to 11k.

I didn't get disheartened though and by the time the 10 man final table came around I had 15k left. Average chips was 35k so I didn't feel too much out of it!

On the final table the cards were hot for me big time. My K-K doubled through a non-believer who called with 7-7. My Q-Q grabbed another 25k in chips as firstly an EP player raised to 10k was followed by a caller for another 10k and I shoved all-in for 40k+. They both folded!

My A-K then took in another 30k against A-Q and before you knew it we were down to 3, at around 4.20am, with me on 130k, player B on 140k, and player C on 80k. Blinds were 3000-6000 and I get J-10 on the SB and make up the blinds.

The flop is 7-8-4. I check. Mr 140k bets 6k and I flat call. The lovely 9 drops on the turn. I check. Mr 140k bets 12k and I move all-in fully expecting him to pass. Unbeknown to me though the guy has 9-7 and has made two pairs. He calls! Oops...no 9 nor 7 on the river and I have 290k of the 350k in play!

The end is near. Mr 140k (now 10k) departs two hands later and at heads up my opponent goes all-in with J-5 versus my called K-5. No Jack to save him and I win £2500 with no deals!

Oooooooo....I'm good!! :)

Entries ->70 - Place -> 1st - Win -> £2390 ($4421) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$15950

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home