Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Aug 28th - £50 NL Hold'Em - Grosvenor (Luton)

Some nights you just can't hit a card to save your life whilst others you hit cards all night long and cruise to an easy victory! The majority of the time lies somewhere in between and tonight at Luton was one such ocassion.

The £50 NL Hold'Em event brought out 76 players and generated a prize pool of £10550. The first 60 mins, for me, was made up of 5 rebuys and not being able to catch a break. I then get A-K and doubled through a non-believer on a flop of 9-7-J-4-A (he held 9-10) and at the break held 10k in chips. A nice place to start from once the 'proper' game began!

I don't know about you but whenever 'I' get KINGS in the hole it attracts an Ace to the flop like a maggot to rotting flesh. Infact I'm so paranoid about K-K these days I refuse to raise with them, until deep into a tournament, cos I know whats coming!

THREE times I had K-K tonight and EVERY time a bloody Ace would appear, by magic, on the flop. First time cost me 1200, 2nd time 6k, 3rd time....

I weedle my way upto 22k in chips. We're down to 2 tables and I peep down at K-K. I'm on the button and with blinds at 1k-2k I raise it up to 6k once its been passed around to me. The SB folds but the BB is having none of it!

'You've been raising all-night on the button', he says, 'so this time I'll RE-RAISE. I'm all-in'!

Now usually when holding K-K and hearing those words 'all-in' your heart would jump for joy as you know its likely to be pay-off time. In my case my relationship with K-K is not so good so I take a deep breath and call. He flips A-10 and I know whats coming!

Flop is ACE-TEN-8-5-3. So what can you do?

So I'm out in 16th place and bitterly disappointed that once again my K-K in the hole leads to my demise!

Bugger!

Entries ->76 - Place -> 16th - Loss -> £305 ($564) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12103

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home