Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sept 17th - 19th - Various Western events

I had a fun night tonight!

Arrived at the Western at around 5.50pm, straight from work, and plugged straight into the 'Full Tilt' website to where I signed up for both the $50 NL and $10 NL turbo events that kicked off at 6pm. I also signed up for the 'live satellites' to the £100 event taking place later on.

Despite bad intentions I was still involved in both the FTP events after one hour of play so had to roll myself over on the 'live' satellite side.

The $10 event desintigrated but at 8pm I was still in the $50 event and approaching the final table.

The 'one handed' satellites were starting so I got one of the dealers to play my hand for me!

Luckily for me I won it...my 2 card holding of 2-4 flopped a straight on a flop of 3-5-6! So I'm into the main £100 event with an outlay of £22!

Meanwhile back in the $50 event I ended up in 3rd spot picking up $562 which I converted to £250 cash.

And so to tonight event....

Holding Kh-9h I flat call the blind of 50 and see a flop of K-Q-9. Nice!! (or so I thought) Its checked to me and I bet out 300. Its passed back around to the player to my immediate right who RE-RAISES me another 1000. Hmmm!!

I immediately put him on some holding like K-J or Q-J so was happy to call hoping for a dead card next!

The 5c fell. Great card for me...or so I thought! My one opponent then reaches for his chips and goes all-in! I just couldn't put him on 10-J so called. 'You got 10-J', he asked. 'Nope', I said turning over my K-9. He flips K-Q and I stand up only to see a lovely 9 fall on the river. Yes folks dreams DO come true!

For the next hour I could do no wrong. My holding of A-A got me another 7k in chips when against an all-in bet holding of 9-9 and at the 1st break I had 20k. At the 2nd break I had...er...20k!!

Card dead wasn't the word...I drifted down to 15k..its 12.50am and the following then occurs....

Down to 16 players. Antes are 600-1200. I have 15k in chips. I'm in LP and look down to see Jd-9d. I fully intented to raise and thinking it was my turn to act declared 'RAISE'.

What I hadn't seen though was that the player 2 seats to my immediate right had just thrown in a bet of 3600. The bet landed on the table the second AFTER I'd said raise. I had no notion of him being there as the player to my immediate right had just mucked his cards.

I argued that I wasn't aware that the player, two to my right, was raising as I hadn't heard the words raise from him. Infact he'd said '36 to play'.

I asked for a ruling!

The ruling was that I'd 'raised' out of turn and that as I'd declared 'raise' I must at least 'mini-raise' the 3600 initial bet.

Given that if I did that I'd be pretty much throwing my chips down the drain (as no doubt the original raiser would have sensed weakness and re-raised me straight back) I decided that the best course of action would just to then go 'all-in'.

At least this action would give my opponent the chance to pass if he didn't fancy calling the extra 12k and with Jd-9d I wouldn't be THAT much of a dog if he called with anything other than a pair higher than 8's.

As it turned out he called and flipped A-K.

The flop was A-K-10-8-3 and I was eliminated.

Some you win!!

Entries ->61 - Place -> 16th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$15440

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

-------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday last I also visited the Western to play in the £50 NL game that had a guaranteed prize pool of £1000. Just as well really as it took a number of 'staff' to make up the numbers!

With only 20 runners only 3 would get paid. The clock was 20 mins and you started off with 3k in chips.

I started well and got an extra 1k in my stack before the wheels fell off slightly. Holding 9-9 I went over the top of a shortish stack (1800) when he raised to 300 with the blinds at 50-100. He called and flipped A-K. The usual suspect, an Ace, turned up on the flop so that was that!

I drifted down to 1200 chips before making a stand with 6h-4h. (Yes....I know!!) I get a caller with A-K again only this time my hand wins when the flop comes 2-3-4-5-9...my 6 giving me the bigger straight :)

Once I'd revved up with that hand I was determined to get a bit more agressive so did my usual 'I'm in charge' raise to 1000 with 4-4 in EP. The player to my immediate left decides his Q-Q is good and goes over the top.

I call (Yes...I know) and its goodnight from me when I fail to improve! No surprise there then!

Entries ->20 - Place -> 13th - Loss -> £55 ($102) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$15338

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home