Monday, September 11, 2006

Sept 7th & 9th - Various - Western Club (Acton)

I don't usually do write ups for events that cost me £20. I mean...I'd be here all week if I blogged on about all the $10+$1 rebuy tournaments I'd played on PSTARS this year without success.

Whats £20 when its at home?? A couple of pints...A McDonalds & change...please!!

Anyway I just thought I'd blog about TWO small time beer events I played in at the Western Club last Thursday night and Saturday afternoon. This won't take long as I was 1st out in one and 2nd out in the other...just can't take them seriously!!

Thursday night was a £20+£2 NL freezeout with not only the prize money to play for but a chance at finishing in the top 2 to play for a seat on in a TV challenge event for forum members of participating cardrooms.

Anyway as I said...I was first out when my 7-7 got beat up by K-K. No outdraws just beat up! Better to go out like a lion than a lamb...who said that??

Saturday (1pm) saw a £30+£3 NL freezout as part of the 7-2 offsuit club event (see http://www.londonpokermeetup.co.uk/)

59 runners were contesting for a prize pool of just short of £1800 and I thought, after Thursday nights debacle, to try harder! We were given 5k in chips and a 30 minute clock.

Three hands in I get 2-2 in MP and flat call the 50 BB. Three players round the track and I hear 'two to play'. The bloke then tosses in 2 black chips. Its passed around to me and without a moments hesitation I call. The flop is A-K-J. I check. He bets 500 and I pass. Now this is where it gets interesting...

I look down in my tray and find that I'd thrown out two 1000 value chips. 'Hang on a minute', I said, 'I think I should have put out two 100 point chips?' grabbing 2 100 point chips from my tray. 'No', said my opponent as he was scooping in my chips, 'it was 2 to play...2 BLACK chips. 2000'!

The table around me looked as stunned as I did. I hadn't become accustomed to to colours of the chips and had given 2k away on a pair of 2's!! I couldn't believe it!

Suddenly I was on mega-tilt feeling like a total dum-dum.

Three hands later I get 7-7 and raise to 500. I get two callers. Flop is 6-5-2. There's a bet to 500, I raise all-in, and the third player calls. The initial bettor folds and my opponent flips 6-5 for two pairs.

Turn is a FOUR...river a TEN. I'm out...in 6 hands.

I was fuming over that '2 to play' call for ages afterwards.

ntries ->-- - Place -> --- - Loss -> £55 ($102) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$15848

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home