Monday, September 25, 2006

Sept 22nd - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Sportsman (London W1)

After a nice win on the magic wheel the £100 NL REBUY event at the Sportsman became more of a buy-in fest than usual. I really don't like rebuying more than twice at this game but by the time the dust had settled I'd spent £510 and zippo to show for it!

For the first hour I was card dead to the extreme. Virtually EVERY hand I got dealt contained a 2 or a 3 in it and the best hand I got was A-7. Trying to wrestle aligators with one hand tied behind your back is not the best way to play so I tried to make the best of a bad job and found that bluffing with hands like 8-4 and 9-5 just didn't work too well.

So...3 rebuys later and I finally get lucky when my A-8 doubles through a Q-10 on a board of 7-8-10-A-9 and I'm off to the races. My stack builds to 11k and its into the last three hands before the rebuy period ends when this happens...

I get J-J, in LP. With blinds at 100-200 theres a raise from across the table to 500. I immediately re-raise to 1500! So far so good! The original raiser then RE-RAISES another 4k! Ok...alarm bells went off and I should have passed but a picture pair looked ever so yummy after the trash I'd been getting so I decided to call fully intent on dumping if an Ace or a King hit the flop.

The flop was 3-4-7. My opponent immediately goes all-in for another 4k. I'll have 1500 left if I call! Theres a big gap between a 7 and a J so, of course, I'm obliged to call. He flips over A-A (what else?) and I'm toasted.

The worse value rebuy at the Sportsman is the £100 add-on as with blinds at 200/400 on return to the table you're in effect buying 5 bets! I took it anyway as I was still on a freeroll.

Three hands after the break I'm outsky when my made straight gets beat up by a made flush! Ain't life grand?

Entries ->60 - Place -> ??? - Loss -> £510 ($944) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$14394

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home