Monday, November 13, 2006

Nov 10th - £10 NL Hold'Em (FullHouse Club - Reigate)

With my form seeming to have returned somewhat after Tues nights qualification to the Grand Final of Loose Cannons event I hopped it down to the FullHouse Club down in Reigate for the weekly £10 NL rebuy event.

Arriving there at around 7.30pm I was surprised to hear that I had secured one of the last places available. The place was deserted! Apparently members can phone up from 4pm on the day and book their seat! Nice.

Anyway 66 runners took their seats at 8.30pm and, with it being a rebuy event, the plan was to accumulate chips ready for action in part II. Unfortunately things didn't quite go according to plan. By the time the rebuy period was coming to an end I'd spent £90 and had 2k in chips. Last hand I get Kh-4h, go all-in and get called by A-K (as you would) The flip was 3-4-7-4-J and I'd doubled up. The top-up gave me another 2k so I started the 'proper' game on just over 6k.

This dwindled away to 4k before I get a free flop on the BB holding 10-7 against two other players. The flop was 10d-7c-4d and I lumped all-in, being first to act. I was called immediately by a player holding the Qd-8d but luckily he didn't improve and the night began to go my way.

I chipped my way up to 15k and, with 2 tables left and blinds at 1k/2k, I decided to nick the antes with Ks-9s on the button. The BB woke up with A-K and called. The flop contained 2 9's and he wasn't best amused!

So I get to the final table with 24k. Chip leader has 80k and there is 409k in play. I draw seat 1 which gives me a free round as the button always goes to seat 1 and its 3k/6k.

Lucky for me there's plenty of action with the other players. There's a hand with 3 all-ins. Two get eliminated. Another two go. I get lucky then going all-in with K-10 against Q-J and suddenly we're down to 3 with blinds at 8k/16k. Needless to say a deal is done which guarantees us all £600 with £560 left to play for.

Two hands into the level there's an all-in from the chip leader and a call. Chip leader prevails and we're down to heads-up. Trouble is I only have 40k left!!

I press for another £160 which chip leader agrees to and its over soon after when my A-3 can't beat Q-4. Never mind...the £760 will come in useful.

Entries ->66 - Place -> 2nd - Win -> £660 ($1221) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$13299

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home