Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Oct 31st - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western (London)

I think I must sounds like a right old moaner recently. Its been several weeks now since I last hit a final table (the last being at the Western in early Sept) and I'm still in this rut of getting runover by players 'getting lucky' against me!

Apart from last Fridays effort when my K-J got pasted by 7-7 I generally get my money in with the best hand. Not that that matters of course as I'm being drawn out on most every time. There's no rhyme or reason to it as thats just the way it is.

Tonight at the Western was another case in point...

At the first break (90 mins play) I had 8500 points and was playing well. There had be no 'all-in' moves and I was swimming along nicely. In LP I get Q-Q and with blinds at 150/300 I make the obligatory raise to 1300 and got called in two spots. The flop was a decent looking Jh-8d-5d.

Without so much of a blink the SB, who has me covered in chips and is first to bet, goes all-in. The 2nd player passes and its back to me....hmmmm!

Ok..a set is automatically ruled out as which donut goes all-in with a set? Two pair is a possibility but with the cards spread as they were...J...8...5 then that was unlikely too. He either had 9-10, A-J, K-J or Q-J. In any instance I was winning. Could you or I put Q-Q down? Of course not!

I called and he flipped Kd-Jd for top pair & flush draw. Now this is where form comes in. When your form is good two low black cards appear and the pot is yours. When its bad....well!

The turn card was the 3h and I prayed for a black card to appear. No joy as the 3d fell on the river. Another £110 bit the dust. Next stop is Equal Chances £10k guarantee on Friday night. Last time I was there I won £1k in the cash game :)

Entries ->50 - Place -> 27th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12078

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home