Monday, October 30, 2006

Oct 27th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - River Card Club (Stanmore)

Tonight I decided to visit another one of the newer poker clubs that have opened around London in the past few months! The 'River Card Club' in Stanmore Middx is set above a Bradford & Bingleys close to Stanmore tube station and about 5 miles from where I live.

A £100 freeout was advertised and whilst this type of event might draw 50+ runners down at the Western Club this particular event could only muster 14 runners and that was despite starting the event at 9.30pm (advertised as an 8.30pm start). Apparently Monday night is their 'busy' night with 60+ runners turning up for their £10 rebuy comp!

Anyway...the club itself is nicely decorated with around a dozen or so tables in play, a bar area where tea, coffee & soft drinks could be gotton free of charge and, as per the norm in the newer clubs these days, a bank on computer monitors for Internet poker play.

So 14 runners it was then and with 5k in chips and a 20 minute clock I was hoping for a much better show than of late in my 'live' play as its been rotten!

When form isn't going your way its easy enough to tell. The raises I was making were being called in two or three spots and the flops were being missed completely. I dwindled down to 3200 points when the following hand came up...

With blinds at 100/200 I get Kc-Jc in MP and flat call the blinds. Three of us saw the flop of J-7-5. There was a bet from EP of 300. I raised to 1000. It was passed back around to the original raiser who, after a moments thought, went all-in covering my chip count!

Knowing very little about the way these players play I felt as thought I was ahead so called. My opponent flipped 7-7 and that was that!

Knowing that form can return at any time I just have to keep playing and hope to see it again soon. In the meantime all I can do is keep playing!

Entries ->14 - Place -> 10th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12282

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home