Monday, November 13, 2006

Nov 12th - £50 NL Hold'Em (Fullhouse Club, Reigate)

Buoyed up from Friday nights £660 profit I decide to go and play in the FullHouse Sunday night game which is a £50 event with optional £50 rebuy or top up. Eighty runners partook and I was gone before the break!

In events like these where there's an optional rebuy I always try and use the first lot of chips to gamble and try and accumulate chips. With 4k to start you just have to wait for the opportunity to do so. It came when I held the Kh-5h.

On a flop of Qh-7h-6c I re-raised a guy to 1000 who bet out 300 at it from the off. Usually opponents will flat call or pass in these situations. Not this guy though who proceeded to go all-in. Even if he had a set in this spot I couldn't pass this 6/4 chance so I called. He flipped Q-7 o/s (wierd call to start with) so I needed a heart to scoop the loot.

The turn card was the Kd, which made things slightly more interesting, but the 4s fell on the river and it was rebuy time!

So now I have to play tight and wait to get good cards. The Kd-Qd looked nice. What happened then though made it even more impossible to put down.

I flat call the 100 blinds. There's a raise to 300, then to 1000, then to 1750 all-in, then a call, then another call! It was my turn. I could pass if I wanted to...not with all that moola in the middle and the implied odds of more calls to come.

Sure enough there were 6 of us...all in for 1750.

The flop was 8d-9d-8h. Theres a bet to 500. One all-in already. Three of us call. One pass.

The 8s falls on the turn. Guy goes all-in for 1000. Next player calls, as do I leaving myself with 50 chips left!

The 2h falls on the river! Boo bloody hoo.

Player flips 5-5 for a mini full house and every one else passes showing A-K and A-J along the way. Dang!

So that was that. My last 50 points goes in with As-7s and gets robbed by player holding K-K. Come back form...all is forgiven!

Entries ->80 - Place -> 75th - Loss -> £100 ($185) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$13114

(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home