Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Nov 14th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em - Western Club

Too many good starting hands meant my demise tonight before the break but what can you do?
Its true to say that I'm never going to be knocked out of a tournament holding 7-2 o/s under the gun. Mind you...nor is anyone else.

With a 5k starting stack and a 30 minute clock there were 60 runners in tonights £100 NL Hold'Em at the Western.
Within the first 30 minutes I'd had K-K once and Q-Q twice and had expanded my stack to close on 7k. I then get my first knock back.

Holding A-A in mid position there's a raise, to 400, from a player in EP. I re-raise to 1200 and there's an all-in at the far end of the table. Mr 'first to raise' folds and I, of course, call. Mr 'all-in' flips Q-Q!

The flop is x-Q-x-x-x and I'm back down to 2k already! Bah.

I then get 10-10 and make 500 back then launch an all-in bet with As-10s and get called by player holding A-K. A 10 appears on the flop and I breathe again.

Ten mins before the break I get A-Q in MP and with blinds now at 100-200 I raise it up to 700. The player to my immediate left looks down, looks up and then announces 'all-in'. He has me covered. Now don't get me wrong I COULD have passed this hand and if my A-A had have held up earlier I probably would have but my stack was shrinking so I decided to gamble. I called and he flipped A-K.

Flop was 9-10-6. Turn = K. So I now needed a Jack to get out of jail. River = 5. Argh!

Entries ->60 - Place ->49th - Loss -> £110 ($204) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$12910
(As from 7th August rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.85)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home