Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Dec 12th - £100+£10 NL Hold'em (Western Club)

Last night at the Western was the weekly £100+£10 NL Hold'Em freezeout. I'm going to keep this short.

Slightly drunk guy appears to my immediate right just after start of play in seat 6. "I'll play blind", he says and puts in his 50 points. Its raised to 250...he looks at his cards and passes.

Next hand I look down and see A-Q. "I'll play blind", says the guy, and puts in his 50 points. I raise it upto 300. One caller across the table. Guy looks at his cards and pushes all-in. I call. Guy across the table passes. Mr Drunk flips K-K. No Ace to save me. That's all!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Analysis of ones results, over time, is obviously a good way of determining just how good, or bad, you actually are at something.

As I reach the end of another year of my life on the poker treadmill I, like many others, wondered just how good (or how crap) I am at the game I love to play so much so I decided to take a look at some Internet sites that seem to provide facilities which I, as a poker player, can tap into to see just how good/bad a job I'm doing at a hobby which takes up a third of my life (the oher two thirds being sleep & work!!)

Of course Internet sites only relate to Internet play but as I'm fairly happy playing at one or two sites and generally just play MTT's, and to a lesser degree Sit'n'Gos, I don't have to spend THAT long seeing that I'm doing ok!

Firstly to SHARKSCOPE (http://www.sharkscope.com/). This site just concentrates on Sit'N'Gos and luckily for me the only two sites I play these games on are both listed. (Full Tilt & Pokerstars).
So I do a search on myself - "UKPOKER" - for both sites and get the following results (as at 13th Dec 2006):

Username Played Av. Profit Av. Stake Av. ROI Total Profit Form
ukpoker 56 $16 $33 16% $916 FullTilt
ukpoker 35 -$7 $50 0% -$254 PokerStars

So what does this tell me? Obviously to stay away from Pokerstars when it comes to Sit'N' Gos!

Next up is The PokerDB. (http://www.thepokerdb.com/ - Registration required)

Doing a search there I find that for Full Tilt I've won over $7,500 in the past 3 months since I started playing on that site whilst I've won almost $8,000 on Pokerstars this year.

Whilst The PokerDb does not show ALL entries, only those where cashed, its nice to know that I'm more than holding my own in the big scary world that is the Internet!

For 'live' play I document ALL my play and the cumulative number you see below is from Jan 1st this year so looking back its not been too bad a year.

Lets hope I can do just as well in 2007! More on my dreams & asperations for that later this month!

Entries ->49 - Place ->49th - Loss -> £110 ($209) Profit/Loss for 2006 -> +$18071
(As from 30th Nov 2006 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home