Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Jan 9th - £100+£10 NL Hold'Em (Western)

Forty six runners in tonights £100 NL Hold'Em tournament but for the first time this year I couldn't get going and was out before the 1st break.

For the first 60 mins or so I was running between the live play and the HM tournament on 'Full Tilt' where I managed to accumulate a few chips before going out in 19th place with my A-K unable to win the race against 8-8.

My demise in the live tournament was worse.

After 80 mins play I held 4k, from a 5k starting stack, and was looking to get involved in order to increase my stack somewhat. When I feel like this I usually make mistakes and when one mistake compounds another then its usually au-revoir.

Holding Ad-Qd, in LP, I raised the pot to 700 (blinds were 100-200). I got one caller! Flop is Kh-Jd-3h. My opponent checked. Flops like this look nice for A-Q as immediately you see the 'straight' potential and act accordingly.

My 'accordingly' was to bet out 1300 leaving myself with 2k. Immediately my opponent went all-in! A quick maths check said I needed to put 2k in to potentially win 8.7k. A no-brainer really. I called.

He flipped K-J for two pair so I needed my '10' badly. Turn card was a Queen giving me a few more outs but a dead looking 9 appeared on the river knocking me out.

Further analysis suggested I should have checked the flop, called the turn bet, that would have inevitably come, and binned on the river (maybe)!

Thats the great thing about 20/20 in poker...you can write books on the stuff!

Oh well...back to picking up the wages at Loose Cannons on Thursday I hope!

Entries -> 46 - Place -> 38th - Loss -> £110 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> +£270
(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home