Tuesday, February 27, 2007

A month in the online blinds (Feb 07)

Undoubtedly my month was saved by a $1560 win in a VC Poker tournament on Feb 23rd. I finished third going out with A-Q v K-K but was happy enough beating out 270 opponents.

Prior to this though the month of Feb has been pretty much a disaster in terms of results. To be fair to myself I generally only play either :

a) $3 / $5 / $10 rebuy events on Stars
b) $24 freezeouts on Full Tilt
c) $18 / $27 rebuy events on VC Poker
d) £10 freezeout events on Willy Hill / DTD Poker
e) $100 freezeouts on Mansion ($100k guaranteed)

The events on Stars show a loss of just over £600, Full Tilt : -£140 approx, Mansion : -£150, Others - £40, VC Poker : +£600.

So for the month of Feb I'm down just over £330! Of course this is considerably better than Januarys £851 defecit so either I'm getting to be a better player or just luckier??

The thing with the rebuy events on Stars is that generally I can cruise along quite happily for 3 hours besting thousands of opponents only then to run into 'set up' hands that occur when close to or just into the money.

My favourites this month include my Q-Q beaten up for $100k by K-K. Flop is 6-7-8...no escape really - 9-9 v 10-10 for $80k on a flop of 2-4-4 - whatever!! and this months favourite is my A-K versus 10-10 on a flop of A-K-7...Q...J!! You gotta larf!

Stars have now kicked off their WSOP satellites and I'll be playing exclusively in the $16 Turbo shootouts for a seat in the $650 Sunday events where theres a 15/1 chance of winning a seat at this years $10k event at the WSOP. I'll let you know how its all going in my next 'Month In The Internet Blinds' post!!

I've given up on Mansion as I cant get better that 143rd nomatter how hard I try and VC Poker are in the process of moving to new software imminently. Should be interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home