Friday, February 23, 2007

Feb 22nd - Loose Cannons (EC4)

DOUBLE points night tonight down at Loosey Cannons so I decided that if I did no good in the 1st £50 freezeout game I'd play again in the turbo event which would kick off later!

Its been one of those weeks though! Since my K-K outing from last Thursday night on the bubble my best hand has been 9-9 and whilst I appreciate that given the number of hands actually played this 'crap-hand syndrome' is perfectly within normal statistical boundries I still hate it when that happens!!

The first £50 event drew 18 runners, something of a record, and so it was just a case of playing a straight bat, where possible, and hoping to catch some cards.

I grabbed a bounty button off some guy who went all-in for 1100. I called with my A-4 from the BB and hit and Ace. He was at it with 10-7! After that though it was pretty much all downhill.

Lost a bundle when holding 7-7 in LP. Flop was K-6-5 and I bet out 200. Call. Turn another King. I again bet...this time 500. It was mini-raised to 1000. I went all-in. He called and flipped K-Q...lucky fecker! No 7 to save me and I was virtually out.

All-in with 10h-9h and was insta-called by player with A-J. Two Aces on the flop and I was out of game 1.

Game 2 was a turbo event...15 min clock...20 secs to act...20 runners.

Got a nice double up with my K-J out gunned K-Q on a board of K-5-7-J-A but after that it was another piss poor session as the clock ticked by and my hands were not even worth a call with never mind a raise!

My early double through enabled me to sneak to the final 9 but I was desperately short stacked and with blinds at 600-1200 I only had one move...ALL-IN!!

I draw seat 5 for the final table which means my stack of 2500 had to move within 2 hands.

I get Kc-Qc on hand 1 and push. All fold.

Hand 2 I get 8-3 and pass!

Hand 3, on the BB, I get 4-4. Its raised from across the table to 2400 and I steam in. The raiser has a few chips in front of him and calls the extra 1800 or so. He flips J-8.

The flop contains two JACKS and no four comes to save me!

It turned out to be a free night as I won £110 in the cash game there but a loss of £105 on the nights tournaments meant a poor return from this weeks play in general!

Another 10 points for the league though...upto 127 now with just 5 events left before the Grand Final on April 14th.

Entries -> -- - Place -> --- - Loss -> £105 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> +£302
(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home