Friday, February 09, 2007

Feb 8th - £50+£5 NL Hold'Em (Loose Cannons)

Thursday night is league night down at Loose Cannons and with this, the 6th week of 13, now done and dusted I can obviously take some pleasure in knowing that I'm knocking out an average of 20 points a week so far!

Thirteen runners for tonights event - smaller the better as far as I'm concerned - and as usual with such a chunky stack to start (3500) and blinds at 20 minutes a level there was no need to go mad and look for trouble. Nice & easy does it!!!

Within two levels we were down to the final 10 and I had an ok stack of around 6k. Made without too much resistance I might add. Three prizes up for grabs so again it was just a question of waiting.

A-Q proved to be particularly lucky for me this evening. With 8 left I call an all-in raise for 1675 with As-Qs. My opponent flips K-8. Flop is 4s-8s-Qh-8d-Qc and I get lucky to take a man out and grab his 'bounty button' for an immediate fiver.

Shortly afterwards I get A-Q again, in MP, and with blinds at 200-400 I raise to 1500. The SB goes all-in for 2k so I'm obliged to call. He flips K-7 but again I get lucky on a board of K-J-6-10-7 making a straight and another fiver.

There are now 5 of us left and I have circa 10k in chips. I get A-K in the SB and its passed back to me. I raise to 1500. BB RE-RAISES another 2k. Now what??

A-K is a bok hand for me at the moment...nevertheless you can't ignore its potential to win big if it hits. The BB had me covered in chips and I'm only really a big dog to A-A which I discount. Glory or bust then! I go all-in!

The BB hums a little but calls and flips K-K. No Ace on the board and I'm out in 5th place just a couple of spots shy of the money. Dooooh!

With my 2 bounty buttons and 3 points fo entry I collect 7 points from the evening putting me on 117 for the league so far. My closest rival now has 120 (he picked up 3 points tonight) and everyone else is nowhere!

Entries -> 13 - Place -> 5th - Loss -> £45 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> +£662

(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home