Friday, February 23, 2007

Feb 20th - £30+£5 NL Hold'Em (Grosvenor - WC1)

My first foay into the Vic for a while proved to be less inspiring than usual.

A healthy 45 runners, or so, for tonights £30 NL Hold'Em which just goes to prove that there's still the interest in this game we love so much!

As always the usual mix of has-beens & wannabes sat down to start but for £30 you only got 1k in chips which basically meant you either had to play tight as a drum in the hope that some of the 40 or so hands played in the 1hr buy in period would prove fruitful or you could gamble it up like a good thing and hope to suck out your opponents on a totally unscientific couple of rags.

For the first 40 mins I managed to tread the middle ground having doubled up in the opening 5 hands when my flush draw got there against top pair.

My next 'all-in' move came when holding the Ah-10h. Mr 'manic' was on his 4th buy-in and lumped in for his next 1k. Lally Khajuria, a regular down at the Vic, flat called behind him and I launched all-in for 2k more! Lally insta-called and flipped A-Q. Nobody improved and it was my first rebuy!

My 2nd and third followed swiftly as with blinds at 50-100 there's not a great deal of thought process involved when you have 1k while the rest of the table has circa 4k each!

My 3rd rebuy lasted all of one hand and so onto my 4th.

Luckily I got A-K and got called for my 1k bet with a K-Q. So I was 2k and a bit as we got to the last hand of the rebuy period.

I look down to see A-J. Now I'd much rather start the 'proper' part of the game with 5k as opposed to 3k (after my add-on) so there wasn't much though involved in going all-in. A guy from across the table said call and threw out a 1k chip. It was then pointed out to him that I'd gone all-in for just over 2k and a certain amount of aggravation appeared on his face!

'Fuck', he stated, 'I didn't want to do that!'. He threw in the remainder, as he was obliged to do so, and flipped A-6.

The board read blah-blah-blah-blah-SIX!!

I left!

Entries -> 45 - Place -> 38th - Loss -> £155 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> +£407
(As from 1st Jan 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $1.90)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home