Monday, April 09, 2007

Dave Uliot & Jennifer 'Fucking' Tilly

You may think that the headline for this piece is derogatory in some way but Jennifer is one cool looking lady.

My table assignment for the €1000 NL Hold'em was to begin with Devilfish immediately to my right with Jennifer Tilly three to my right. Having seen how Jennifer played her set of Jacks on a recent edition of 'Poker After Dark' I had no doubt that I shouldn't be worrying too much about her play neither that of Dave U who seemed to be more pre-occupied with the female dealers than his card holdings!!

Having Dave to my immediate right also meant I'd be giving up on a lot more hands sooner than planned as Dave, the ultimate professional, would always come into a pot with a raise meaning that my 'looks playable' hands would be hitting the muck without getting involved without the goodies. That plan seemed to work as Dave hit an early straight with A-2 after I'd passed A-10 to his pre-flop raise. An Ace also fell on the flop as did a 3-4-5!!

With blinds still at 25-50 I got A-K in MP and raised it up to 300. I got one caller and a flop of 6-7-9. I'm not a great fan of flops like that when holding A-K but as my opponent checked in response to mine I felt he was on a similar holding. A 'five' came off on the turn.

Again I checked but this time my opponent bet out 400.

There's no doubt you have to follow your instinct in Texas Hold'Em win OR lose. I called. A 10 fell on the river! With the board reading 5-6-7-9-10 I again checked and again my opponent bet out...this time to 600. Having put him on A-J or A-Q I called and was rewarded as he flipped A-Q. Nice!

My next decision wasn't long in coming.

Holding 10-10 in MP I flat called a raise to 300 from Jennifer. A player, two to my left, then raised it up to 900. It was passed back around to me with JT passing.

The re-raiser had suffered a little at the hands of another player a short time earlier so was down to only 3k after the 900 raise. I felt that he could be making the bet with A-K so called the re-raise and prayed for a reasonable flop which would allow me to go all-in and scoop the pot. The flop was Q-Q-5.

Having put him on A-K I immediately moved all-in. He sat for seemingly an age before calling and flipping A-A. Urgh!

Oh well...one all on the instinct stakes! I now had 4k from a 7k start stack.

Blinds moved to 50-100 and I found 9-10 in MP. Usually these kind of cards, in this position, would be instamucked but with no raise and only 100 to call I was feeling lucky so flat called. There ended up 4 of us including both JT on the SB and the big blind.

Flop was 9d-10d-5d. JT immediately bet out to 300.

Of course on flops like this and two pair in hand you have to take a view on whether the original bettor has a high card diamond (Ace or King) and make it difficult for them to continue. I raised to 1200. Jennifer came back over the top for 4k and I obligingly called.

She flipped Qd-3d and I was hoping for a nine or a ten...which never came! Ho Hum!!

So there you go my adventure in the €1000 event lasted less than an hour and I end up getting knocked out by Jennifer 'Fucking' Tilly...and I mean that in the nicest way :)

2 Comments:

At 3:04 pm, Blogger joewhu1 said...

i have been reading ur blog for a while now, u do some strange things for someone who obviously classes them self as a top player as u have written a book, u seem to have trouble laying hands down when its obviuos u r beat, are u actually a winning player? and that is a serious question and not a dig.

 
At 2:53 pm, Blogger ukpoker said...

Its sometimes useful to take the view that you need to double up early or get outa there.

If the cards are going to come they're going to come nomatter WHAT holding you have.

If you accept that sometimes you'll win and sometimes you won't then you're never going to be disappointed at any outcome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home