Friday, April 13, 2007

Apr 12th - £50 +£5 NL Hold'Em - Grosvenor Victoria - W1

My 200th post on BLOGGER and its a loser!!

I always think its better to gamble it up early and see as many flops as possible whle the antes are small in the hope of hitting and taking many of my opponents chips in the process. Of course this theory goes the other way at times and when you don't manage a hit its usually 'get your coat time'.

Forty two runners at tonights £50 freezeout at the Vic. With the Loose Cannons league all over with (final is next Wed) I'm trying to re-evaluate my 'live play' strategy and after next week when I'll be attempting to qualify for the Gutshot version of the MAMMOTH I'll be hitting the Western of a Tuesday and the Vic of a Thursday night.

Early play saw me hit very little and during the 1st level I managed to increase my 2k starting stack by all of 50 points. Level two (25-50) brought a little more in the way of action but not a lot to write home about. One player hit a staight on the flop to take down another players set of Jacks but my action was kept to a minimum. Infact bugger all happened until my 'out' hand appeared.

Level 3 (50-100) and I get Ks-5s on the button (I'm dealing). There's a small raise to 200 from a player UTG which is duly called by myself and a player to my immediate right.

Flop is a groovy looking 4s-6h-7s. Ok...hands up who can get away from this?? My hand stayed firmly by my side!

The player UTG bets out to 400. Player to my immediate right goes all-in (he has me covered) and I'm stuck with having no option but to call. Player UTG moans about how he can possibly fold but flips 5-5 and does so whilst player to my right flips 6-6 for a set!

So its 'cummon baby...you can do it'. I then deal the 10h followed by the 10c and its all over!

So I've 30 outs and can't find myself ONE!! Arggggggh!

Next stop is the Western on Saturday afternoon...come back form all is forgiven!

Accumulative loss since my last update = €1920 (£1371) + £110 + £55 = £1536 - £267 = -£1269 in 2007 so far!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home