Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Apr 24th - £110 No Limit Hold'Em (Western Club)

Tuesday night is Western night and as I've said before this is the best 'weekly' tournament in London bar none for chip stack (5k), ante-levels (30 mins) and generally good value all round.

The only gripe I have is that for us 'workers' if you do well in the comp then you're gonna be there most of the night!

Thirty-eight runners tonight which was surprising as I was expecting circa 60 however it did mean that things would finish sooner rather than later or so I hoped!

Level 1 and nothing happens...level 2 and I get a nice double up!

Holding Jc-10c I flat call the blinds. Four of us see a flop of 2-6-J. BB bets out to 300. I flat call. Other players fold. Turn card is a 10. BB bets out to 600. I raise to 2k. He goes all-in. I call. He flips 6-2!! An 8 on the river and I'm a happy bunny.

Levels 3, 4 & 5 nothing happens!

With there being so few entries the final table came fairly early at around midnight. I held 20k in chips at this point and so did most other people. Blinds were at 400-800 and nobody was in a rush to leave!

Three more levels passed and only ONE player had gone. Five prizes were up for grabs and everybody was playing with caution.

I grabbed my fair share of blinds and not once did I have to go all-in.

With time approaching 3am there were still 7 of us left then this hand came up...

I held 10-10 in MP. EP player raised it to 12k. This particular player had been raising most hands he came into a pot with but on call-downs he was turning some right junk. I had no qualms about moving in over the top of him for my 20k stack absolutely knowing he would call.

Player to my immediate left went all-in also, for 6k. Original raiser calls and he flips A-3. Player to my left flips A-Q and I like my odds!

Flop is 10-8-J-A-6 and I'm home and dry. We're down to 6.

Money paid at 5 but blinds were upto 2000/4000 so things were about to get hairy for the short stacks. Fifth went...then 4th. Three of us left and I had 50k in chips.

Blinds moved up again to 3k-6k. There was little play left. I got K-J on the button and moved all-in. The SB woke up with 3-3 and called for 30k. Flop was 7-3-J-9-A and I was almost to the felt.

Very next hand I'm all-in with K-8. Of course my two opponents flat called. Flop looked great for me with a K-K-9-7-4 but one of my opponents has lucked out on me with K-9 in his hand.

I'm 3rd for £608. Better than a kick in the buddies!! Its 4am.

Entries -> 38 - Place -> 3rd - Win -> £498 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£776
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home