Saturday, June 02, 2007

May 31st - £215 No Limit Hold'Em - Gutshot

And so to the start of a very busy weekend with me playing 3 (maybe 4) events between tonight and Sunday.

For those of you that read the HendonMob & Gutshot forums you'll know that I saught odds of 5/1 on me reaching any final table of the Gutshot events with me wanting to put £100 on. Nick S., a forum member from Gutshot, kindly took me up on the offer. Now all I had to do was to make it happen!

So back to tonight then and when all was said and done 107 runners started off this event, with a 7k start stack, at around 8pm and I was in the thick of the action before you could say boo!

On about the third or fourth hand of the night I got 10c-Jc in MP and flat called the 50 point blinds. Three of us saw the flop of 8c-3d-Qc and I was seeing a big chip stack in my mind!

Someone led out the betting, for 300. I duly called and we were heads up.

The 8h fell on the turn. Again my opponent led out, this time for 600. Whilst I wasn't thrilled at that bet I still thought that any club (especially the 9c - yum yum) would win me the pot so called. The 4c fell on the river. Surely now the pot was mine?

My opponent led out AGAIN! This time for 1600. Of course I'm now committed to calling so do and he flips Q-8 for a full house. Oops!

So my stack is squished before we get going!

For the next while my stack size gets worse and worse. I'm down to 3.5k.

I get dealt 8-9 in the BB and with no raises we get to see a flop of 8-9-9. Nice. It gets better when I get someone betting into me and before you know it I'm all-in, my opponent calls, and I'm doubled up :)

So...back to 7k I can start again but I then get plenty of playable hands (K-10s, A-Js, A-Q) but can't connect with any of them as my stack size dwindles on down!

I'm down to 3k again before you can whistle dixie and I decide that A-8 is a great hand to try and take the blinds + 2 callers. Unfortunately one of the 'callers' decides that my feeble attempt to nick needs looking up so calls with 5-5.

A 5 appears on the flop and I'm off down the Vic for a cash game by 9pm.

Entries -> 107 - Place -> ---- Loss -> £215 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> £888
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home