Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jun 5th - £110 NL Hold'Em (Western)

Never got out of first gear tonight as my highest stack size was 5600 if that.

My table was in 'terminate' mode. For the opening 30 mins or so until the table broke there was always someone 'all-in'. I include myself in this as my As-Js got the better of J-J but that allowed me to get my stack back upto the starting level of 5k and I'd lost 2400 fairly early on chasing a flush draw that didn't get there.

At the first break I had 4600 and at my new table most players had around 8k+.

Timing is everything in poker. If you're there from the off then you can scoop large pots whilst everyone around you calls you a lucky so and so (see my Omaha event last Friday). If your timing is out though you just find yourself shaking your head thinking 'if only'.

So anyway...after the break I was in 'move-in' mode. Holding 8c-5c I moved in on a flop of 4-5-6 figuring I was ahead. Indeed I was and everyone passed but a player at the far end showed A-7 as if to say 'nearly'.

My next attempt at a move came soon afterwards and brought about my demise. Holding 6-4 in the BB four of us saw a flop of 3-6-7. I checked, as did player 2. Player 3 makes a bet of 600 (blinds were 150-300) and I moved in for 4900. Player 2 called, as did player 3. Player 2 flips 10-10. Player 3 has A-7.

I have numerous outs but can't catch any as the turn and river cards are both Jacks!

Ah yes...timing is everything.

Entries -> 46 - Place -> --- Loss-> £110 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> £493

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home