Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Jun 12th - £110 NL Hold'Em (Western)

Some people can't bluff to save their lives. Some bluff far too often for their own good. I tend to take the middle road and attempt bluffs when, and only when, an opportunity presents itself.

The very first hand of tonights £100 NL event at the Western saw me get Ad-Jd on the button.

With blinds at 25-50 a player to my right, in MP, raised it to 150. I re-raised it to 350. Only he called and we saw a flop of A-K-10.

First to act my opponent checked. It was a good flop for me and I bet out to 750. After some initial thought my opponent re-raised me another 1k. What to do?

If he'd slow played A-K then I still had outs. A-10 was unlikely but A-Q was a possibility as was K-K, Q-Q and J-J. It was also possible he had a smaller pair and was attempting to see where he was at. After all a flat call here, on his part, was probably the worst of the three options available to him once I'd bet out.

I decided to semi-bluff and re-raised him all-in. If he called I could still win with a Queen for a broadway straight. He sat back in his chair and puffed out!

Well that was good news...he wasn't as strong as all that. After much deliberation he flashed A-J and passed. Nice!

I chipped upto about 7k when the following hand came up. I won't name my hand (answer next time) but was I right to do what I did??

I was in the SB. Blinds were 50-100. The guy to my immediate right raised it up to 375. I looked at my cards and called as did the BB...no doubt for value!

The flop was K-5-7. I checked as did the BB. Original raiser (OR) puts in a bet of 800. I called. BB passed.

Turn card was another 5. I checked. OR bets out 2k. I called. River card was another 7 making the board K-5-7-5-7. I pushed all-in.

Panic stations for OR where after much thought he called and took down the pot with his K-Q.

I was out. Any thoughts anyone??

Entries -> 45 - Place -> --- Loss-> £110 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> £383

(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home