Friday, June 29, 2007

Crooked bookies in Wimbledon

Four weeks ago on the Gutshot forum Nick Scott (Nick S.) took up my request of odds of 5/1 that I would make a final table in the Gutshot ESOP festival.

The bet money was t/f'd into his Pokerstars account ($200) on the Tuesday prior to the ESOP starting. I duly finished 6th in the Omaha event thereby 'winning' the bet!

The day after I won the bet Nick Scott disappeared from the Gutshot forum. I sent several PM's to him asking for payment but no reply came forth!

The following week Nick S. once again appeared proclaiming that he'd been in hospital and that the debt would be paid 'face to face'.

In following PM's to Nick S., and on that forum, I gave him the benefit of any doubt and asked him to meet up at the Western club where he would pay over the £600 owing upon which I would donate £100 of my winnings to the 'Lynda McMillan Cancer Fund' by way of the jar that sits on the counter at the Western.

I have a PM from him confirming this arrangement.

Nick S. never showed up and never paid any monies owing.

Again he disappeared. Another week passed and OMEN666, another forum member, came onto the Gutshot forum and publically announced that he, himself, was sure of Nick S.'s intent to pay and proclaimed that he would settle the debt himself if Nick S failed to pay within 14 days.

The 14 day deadline passed as of yesterday, Thursday 28th June.

I have contacted OMEN666 on THREE ocassions this past week informing him that the money was to be paid and that there could be no further deadlines.

OMEN666 did not respond to ANY of these PM's.

Nick S. has STOLEN £100 ($200) of my money.

Nick S. has STOLEN £100 from the Lynda McMillan Cancer Trust Fund by not turning up at the Western, as agreed, and paying the money over then!

OMEN666 has been, at best, misguided in his attempts to back up his mate and therefore by association has become tarred with the same brush.

There can be no excuses for what Nick S. has done.

He has had 4 weeks to pay over the money owing.

He has had my contact details (phone & email) and had shown no interest or decency in sorting this matter out!

I asked the administrator of the Gutshot forum to ban Nick S. from the forum for life for being a thief and a crook. Instead they decided to ban me for exposing Nick Scott as a common crook & a liar!

I also emailed Barry Martin & Derek Kelly to express my anger at this situation whereby one Gutshot forum member can rob another without even a shred of regret or remorse.

If Nick S. ever appears again on ANY forum I shall hound him till the day he leaves!

He's a fucking disgrace to honest poker players everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home