Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aug 14th - £100 NL Hold'Em (Western Club)

Back in the saddle, as it were, after a 6 week hiatus from playing 'live' poker I found myself at tonights £100 NL game at the Western a little unsure as to the rules.

Not the rules as in 'two cards to start...round of betting...etc etc' but as in 'raise with good hands', 'call for cheap flops with suited connectors etc'. For the first 30 mins or so I realised I was asleep as pot after pot went in other directions so I decided to wake up and play poker!

For a while it worked. I got a nice pay off why my flush hit and got doubled up when my opponent had hit his straight when I'd hit the nut flush on a board of 5d-6d-9c-9d. At the 1st break (90 mins) I had 12k and wondered how I'd managed to ever lose at this game!

Part two though was more of a struggle as I'd forgotton that not only do you need cards to start with but you also need a bit of luck on the flop. I was getting neither so for this part of the evening I meandered around the 12k mark feeling increasingly fidgity at the fact I'd ground to a halt!

Blinds kicked off at 400/800 when I got A-10 in LP and raised it upto 2k. The SB, who has approx 7k left, went into a huddle for all of 10 secs before announcing that he was all-in. All remaining players passed back to me and I decided to call.

He flipped 7d-8d and I looked to be a nice fav until the flip of 6d-4d-9c took the shine off. The 2h fell on the turn but a poxy Kd fell on the river and I was back down to around 7k myself.

With it now costing 1200 for every time the button would pass having only 7k is not a nice place to be so I lumped it it with Js-9s to be called by a player immediately to my left to 3k with A-Q. I lost.

Next all-in I held Kc-10c. All passed and I picked up the antes. Next all-in I have A-4 and AGAIN I get called by the player to my left who has A-Q again. No luck and I'm out in 19th place (out of 59).

Ah well...its good to be back!

Entries -> 59 - Place -> 19th Loss-> £110 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> £216
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home