Monday, September 24, 2007

Sept 18th - £200 NL Freezeout - Western Club

The words 'banjo' & 'barn door' come to mind for tonight as I just couldn't hit one with the other as far as the cards were concerned.

Whatever I tried to do went wrong and whatever evil plan I had in order to scoop a monster pot it was immediately put in its place by the next flop card out.

With 7k in chips and a 30 minute clock you would have thought that getting deep into the tournament (time wise if nothing else) would be a sure thing then why 'o' why do I get nice starting hands that demand to be played (pairs, A-Q, A-K etc etc) and then get shafted as the flop drops.

Within 30 minutes I had lost 3k and, in a fit of madness, I decided to play 6-4 in EP in the hope that if the flop came right I could scoop a monster and get back to playing properly. Four of us saw a flop of A-6-4 and I immediately began to feel better.

I checked. Player to my immediate left bet out 800, no doubt with A-big kicker. Player across the table ALSO called and when the button passed it was back to me.

There were certainly two Aces out there but with the flat call from across the table it was very likely that both had a medium to large kicker card with it. I decided that my two pair were obviously in front so raised to 1600 with the full intent of going all-in on the turn. One player called the extra 800. Yum Yum!

Well Yum Yum turned turned into Bum Bum as the turn card came AN ACE!!! Arghhhhhhh!!

I was fooked. I checked. Opponent bet 2k and I had to pass! Story of my night.

Twenty minutes later I had 1750 left. Blinds were 50-100 and I look down on the BB to find 10-10. Surely I can double up here???

There's a small raise to 250 from the player immediately to my left. There are 3 callers. It comes to me. I lump in for 1750 total. Pass. Pass. Pass. Pass. The player in the SB mutters someting about wanting to gamble and calls with Q-J.

Coinflip ahoy!

Flop is A-6-4-QUEEN-7. I'm out and a bit pissed off in the process.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home