Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Sept 11th - £100 NL Freezout - Western Club

Sixty six runners for tonights £100 NL Freezeout at the Western and for once in a while things actually went my way.

After a shaky start where my chip stack got decimated early to 2k I hit a couple of flushes and by the first break I held 8k in chips. No biggy cards as such but my play was solid and I was playing relaxed.

Levels 3,4 & 5 found me increasing my chip stack upto 17k at break number 2 and I was hopeful of a good result but for a while in level 7 I struggled, went card dead, and trickled back down to 10k. I then get a nice double up when someone plays back at me on a flop of A-K-10. I held A-6 and had raised pre-flop. He was the only caller and refused to let go of his K-J.

Then came the defining hand of the night for me.

With blinds at 400-800, in EP, I looked down to see A-J. The player to my immediate left had me covered in chips and, after a couple of minutes consideration, pushed all-in. It was passed back around to me.

In order to do well in these tournaments there comes a time when you make a stand and play the hand you're dealt for all your chips. As soon as the guy had pushed all-in I'd decided that I wasn't backing down and called.

He flipped 6-6. First card out was an Ace and I ended up with a flush. Suddenly I was in great shape.

The final table arrived but with everyone with 30k in chips (apart from 1 player) it took an age to lose a player.

Blinds were 2k-4k when the 9th & 8th person went out and I was card dead once again. My stack had dwindled to 20k and on my SB (2k) I picked up A-8. Play was very tight so it was passed around to me and I shoved all-in hoping to pick up the 6k loose change. Unfortunately the BB decided to call with A-10 (as you would) and it was all over for me in 7th place for £330.

Still...its nice to be a winner again and brings the total cost of playing 'live' poker in 2007 to just £365!

Entries -> 66 - Place -> 7th Win-> £220 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£365
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home