Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sept 28th - £40+£4 NL Hold'Em (Western)

Ok...there was definately a lack of barn doors & banjos tonight but despite playing good solid poker and making some nice calls on the river to get my stack up to 10500 (from a start point of 4k) at the break there was to be no prize!

Thirty eight runners tonight! This was put down to the fact that the traffic around this West London cardroom was 'murder'. Oh well!

With this being a 'double chance' tournament I stuck my hand up and got my extra 2k in chips pretty much straight away. I've come to realise that these kind of events at the Western attract mad gamblers and its better to have ALL your ammo available to you at any one time as there'll no doubt come a time when you're in a position to use it!

This was proved on a couple of ocassions during the first levels when 'players' (I use this term advisedly) would be seen calling 1k pre-flop raises with Jd-6d and Qd-4d with the excuse that they were 'soooooooted' as they scooped the pots from their unsuspecting opponents playing the likes of A-K & J-J.

As previously stated I managed to get upto 10.5k at the break (4 20 minute levels) and with the field fast diminishing I was looking to pick off the players desperate enough to go 'all-in' with duff hands. Ok...I did call an all-in with Qd-9d against a player who decided to risk his tournament with K-2 but he only had 2k and I was 'live' all the way to the river when a 2 dropped!

So I have 8k left in LP and look down to see A-K. First time tonight! Chip leader, across the table, had flat called the 600 blind and I raised it up to 3k. Back to him and he announced that he was all-in. I wasn't going anywhere!

He flipped Q-Q so it was a race for the chips. The flop was 9-7-4-9-6 and that was than. Maybe when I win a race I'll be winning my next tournament but its been a while!!

Entries -> 38 - Place -> 17th Loss-> £44 Profit/Loss for 2007 -> -£1213
(As from 20th April 2007 rate of exchange is calculated at £1 = $2.00)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home